M.D., FRCP (London, Edinburgh, Glasgow & Ireland), Ph.D., D.Sc.
D.Sc (Hon. Causa), FNASc, FASc, FNA, FACE, FTWAS, MACP
Chairman & Chief of Diabetology, Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre,
President & Director, Madras Diabetes Research Foundation, Chennai
- Main research interests are Epidemiology of diabetes and its complications, Genomics of diabetes and Fibro-calculous Pancreatic Diabetes.
- Conferred Fellowships from all the four Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) [Lond, Edin, Glasg, Ire] and all three Science Academies of India including
Fellowship of Indian National Science Academy (FNA) and Mastership of American College of Physicians (MACP). He is also an Alexander Von Humboldt
Fellow, Germany and a Wellcome Trust Fellow, UK
- Received over 150 awards including the prestigious Dr. B.C. Roy National Award by the Medical Council of India and the Dr B.R. Ambedkar Centenary Award the highest awards for Biomedical Research the highest award by Indian Council of Medical Research
- Published 1080 papers in prestigious peer reviewed journals including 700 original articles and 144 chapters to text books on diabetes. His work has received over 43,000 citations and has a h-index of 96.
- Dr. Mohan provides life long free treatment to thousands of poor patients through the free diabetic clinics that he runs.
- Awarded Padma Shri by Govt. of India